Casablanca Pear and Chicken Sandwich
Filled with crisp greens, grilled chicken, sweet pears, and tangy goat cheese, this sandwich packs a lot of flavor in a pita pocket.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup purchased pomegranate syrup
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium USA Bartlett Pears, cored and halved
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (12 ounces)
- 4 7-inch round pocket breads
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- 2 cups mixed greens
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish
Combine olive oil, pomegranate syrup, pomegranate juice, salt and pepper. Reserve ¼ cup for drizzling on sandwiches.
Preheat grill to medium heat. Brush cut side of pears with pomegranate vinaigrette. Grill cut side down until lightly grill-marked, about 5 minutes. Cool. Slice thin.
Place chicken in a dish with remaining vinaigrette. Turn to coat. Remove from vinaigrette and grill on medium heat, 6–7 minutes until lightly grill-marked. Turn. Brush with remaining vinaigrette in dish. Cook 6 minutes or until internal temperature is 170 degrees. Cool. Slice thin.
Cut pocket breads in half. Fill halves with sliced chicken, pears, goat cheese and greens. Drizzle with reserved vinaigrette and garnish with pomegranate seeds.
yield: Makes 4 servings